POSITION- Logistics Internship
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Hickory Farms, Inc. is a mission and values driven enterprise and is one of North America’s leading specialty food and gift purveyors. The Company was founded in 1951 in the pastoral farm country of Northwest Ohio. Hickory Farms products are a hallmark gift for those who appreciate rich and savory foods. Based in Toledo, Hickory Farms brings the best of Midwest values to consumers in North America and the U.S. Armed Forces all over the world. Customers can find Hickory Farms’ savory sausages, favorite cheeses and other gourmet foods online, in catalogs, in leading mass merchants, supermarkets and approximately 750 retail shopping centers throughout the holiday season.
- Provide the highest quality products and customer experience.
- Increase brand value by enriching family holiday traditions.
- Promote giving, sustainability and community service.
- Be the best premium specialty food company in North America.
QUALITY AND CUSTOMER SATISFACTION
Hickory Farms believes customer satisfaction and quality are key value drivers which have enabled it to earn EBITDA margins well ahead of the industry. In 2011 its reformulated Signature Summer Sausage earned the Gold Medal from The American Masters of Taste for product Superiority. In 2013, Hickory Farms’ Holiday Market locations received a consumer satisfaction index of 89 from Foresee Results, putting the Company at the Vanguard of the nation’s leading retailers.
In support of the Company’s objectives, this position supports the Manager, Logistics in the Supply Chain Division. This individual is charged with providing tactical support to meet quality standards for services and evaluation of customer satisfaction, in order, to assist the organization to deliver a stellar performance. This individual will utilize EDI and transportation management software systems to help gain efficiencies and a greater customer experience.
- Reports to Manager, Logistics
- Coordinator, Logistics
- Provides direct support to Transportation and Logistics Coordinator.
- Understands customer shipping requirements to manage and create shipping labels and EDI transitions within compliance.
- Enters, tracks and traces orders to ensure that materials and supplies are shipped and delivered in timely manner.
- Assists Supply Chain team in sourcing, cost reduction, and strategy development activities.
- Assists with shipping documentation order fulfillment.
- Tracks and analyzes data related to the Transportation Management System project and communicates findings to the Supply Chain team.
- Actively pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree in Supply Chain Management, Logistics, or Business. Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Full time availability from August to December with willingness to work a flexible schedule.
- Overall understanding of transportation/order fulfillment/ supply chain concepts.
- Basic data analysis and statistical skills; highly proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Detail-oriented, analytical driven, self-motivated with strong initiative and problem solving skills.
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects.
CRITICAL COMPETENCIES FOR SUCCESS
Focus on growth and results-oriented. The successful candidate has demonstrated personal accountability for delivering stability to an organization while building efficient, “best-of-class” support teams. They will possess a “pioneer” mentality and are willing to wear multiple hats to get results.
Outstanding communications skills. The successful candidate will interact with both frequent and focused dialogue with all members of the senior leadership team, as well as the Private Equity ownership group; enjoy strong negotiating skills; and be open and candid with peers, subordinates and partners.
A high-energy, team-oriented leader. The successful candidate will have a passion for leading a highly professional team and will instill a strong sense of team spirit with peers and subordinates. This person will lead by example and instill confidence in his/ her staff. We aspire to find an executive with a “fire in the belly” who enjoys rolling up his/ her sleeves, leading from the frontlines, while working in a team-centric environment.
Employment location: 2510 Haven Ave., Joliet, IL 60433
From 8/8/16 through 12/31/16
Resumes may be faxed or e-mailed (as Microsoft Word or PDF attachment)
Hickory Farms, Inc.
Human Resource Dept.