We use common tracking technologies
Technologies we implement include, but are necessarily limited to:
(a) Cookies. A “cookie” is a small data file transmitted from a website to your device’s hard drive. Cookies are usually defined in one of two ways, and we may use both of them:
(1) session cookies, which do not stay on your device after you close your browser, and
(2) persistent cookies, which remain on your device until you delete them or they expire.
We use the following categories of cookies on our Website.
i. Strictly Necessary Cookies. These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the Website and use its features. Without these cookies, services you have requested, such as maintaining a record of your purchased items (e.g. a shopping cart), cannot be provided.
ii. Performance Cookies. These cookies collect anonymous information on how people use our Website to help us understand how you arrive at our site, browse or use our Website and highlight areas where we can improve, such as navigation. The data stored by these cookies never shows personal details from which your individual identity can be established.
iii. Functionality Cookies. These cookies remember choices you make such as the country from which you visit our Website, your preferred language, and your search parameters. This information can then be used to provide you with an experience more appropriate to your selections and to make your visits to our Website more tailored to your preferences. The information in these cookies may be anonymized. These cookies cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
iv. Targeting Cookies or Advertising Cookies. These cookies collect information about your browsing habits in order to make advertising more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as help measure the effectiveness of an advertising campaign. The cookies are usually placed by third-party advertising networks. These cookies remember the websites you visit and that information is shared with other parties such as Google Ad Network advertisers.
Of course, if you do not wish to have cookies on your devices, you may turn them off at any time by modifying your internet browser’s settings. However, by disabling cookies on your device, you may be prohibited from full use of the Website’s features or lose access to some functionality.
(b) Web Beacons. A Web Beacon is an electronic image. Web Beacons can track certain things from your computer and can report activity back to a web server allowing us to understand some of your behavior. If you choose to receive emails from us, we may use Web Beacons to track your reaction to our emails. We may also use them to track if you click on the links and at what time and date you do so. Some of our third-party marketing partners may use Web Beacons to track your interaction with online advertising banners on our Website. This information is only collected in aggregate form and will not be linked to your Personal Information. Please note that any image file on a webpage can act as a Web Beacon.
(c) Embedded Web Links. Links provided in our emails and, in some cases, on third-party websites may include tracking technology embedded in the link. The tracking is accomplished through a redirection system. The redirection system allows us to understand how the link is being used by email recipients. Some of these links will enable us to identify that you have personally clicked on the link and this may be attached to the Personal Information that we hold about you. This data is used to improve our service to you and to help us understand the performance of our marketing campaigns.
(d) Third-party Websites and Services. We work with a number of service providers of marketing communications technology. These service providers may use various data collection methods to improve the performance of the marketing campaigns we are contracting them to provide. The information collected can be gathered on our Website and also on the websites where our marketing communications are appearing. For example, we may collect data where our banner advertisements are displayed on third-party websites.
How We Use Your Personal Information. We use your Personal Information for a variety of purposes in providing the Services, including to:
- Process your online or offline orders.
- Open an online account at your request.
- Personalize your online experience with content and offers that are tailored to your interests.
- Provide customer service, whether it's responding to a request or following up on an order.
- Include you in surveys and contests.
- Enable you to post your content, such as comments, images or videos.
- Facilitate networks of online social activity centered around our products and services.
- Improve our Services, the manner in which offers are made on our Services, the purchase decisions of our visitors, and the interactions visitors have with our Services.
- Improve your experience with our Services: for example, through faster, better, smarter, and more customized online interactions.
- Enable you to interact with third-party content service providers, whether by linking to their sites, viewing their content within our online environment, or by viewing our content within their online environment.
- Market our products and services that may be of interest to you—for instance, we may add you to the Hickory Farms’ email list when you make an online purchase or sign up to receive emails; or we may add you to Hickory Farms’ print-catalog list when you make an online purchase.
- Create aggregated, pseudonymized or anonymized information for statistical purposes.
- Fraud prevention and protection, security, and any legal inquiries where required by law.