How to Make the Perfect Platter
Whether you’re hosting an intimate dinner party or a large gathering with all of your friends, a meat and cheese board is the perfect party appetizer. It’s easy to make, easy for guests to serve themselves, endlessly customizable, and not to mention, totally delicious. Want to make the best-ever board for your party? We’ve got expert tips to help your meat and cheese spread come together perfectly.
The easiest way to set yourself up for perfect platter success is a hearty selection of favorite flavors as your base. Our collection of all-in-one gifts come with mango wood cheese boards and serving utensils to make them party-ready, plus Hickory Farms signature flavors that are sure to please a crowd.
The Classic Bites & Board Gift Set offers bold and savory signature flavors with both summer sausage and salami, three cheeses, and our famous Sweet Hot Mustard. Or, if you’re looking for a more cheese-focused platter, the Cheese Favorites & Board Gift Set comes with five delicious cheese flavors and plenty of Golden Toasted Crackers to stack up tons of cheesy bites.
For a board that boasts both sweet and savory flavors, start with the Charcuterie Favorites Gift Set. It features Signature Beef Summer Sausage, Jalapeño Cheddar Blend, Sweet Hot Mustard, Cranberry & Sesame Nut Mix, Olive Oil & Rosemary Crackers, Cheese Straws, plus decadent Dark Chocolate Sea Salt Caramels. Or, if you’ve got all the meat and cheese you need already, you can purchase just the Mango Wood Cheese Board Set for effortless, beautiful serving at any gathering.
Create Your Platter
Creating the perfect platter is simple. Start with a few meat and cheese favorites. Then, add freshness and color with olives, sliced vegetables, and fruit. Finish it off with savory condiments, mustards, and fresh herbs. And—don’t forget crackers and crisps to provide the perfect base for every bite!
Tips for Easy & Delicious Serving
- Serve on a large platter or cheese board so you have plenty of room. A larger wooden cutting board works great, too!
- Slice your meats and cheeses before serving for instant appeal and easy snacking for your guests.
- Try slicing your sausage and salamis on a bias for a beautiful presentation.
- A variety of cheese shapes will add interest to your board. Play around with cubes, wedges, and slices.
- Need to feed a crowd? Our 26 oz Signature Beef Summer Sausage feeds 13 people!
- Squeeze or spoon your condiments into small bowls to make them easier to top meat and cheese bites.
- Add a bit of fresh fruit like sliced apples or pears for more texture, and to bring the flavors of the meat and cheese to the next level.
Find even more entertaining essentials and meat & cheese favorites at hickoryfarms.com!