How to Build the Perfect Charcuterie Board
Whether you’re hosting an intimate dinner party or a casual gathering with friends, a charcuterie board is an easy appetizer that everyone will love. It’s quick to make, easy for guests to serve themselves, endlessly customizable, and not to mention, totally delicious. Want to make the best-ever board? We’ve got expert tips to help your meat and cheese board come together perfectly.
Charcuterie is a universally-loved appetizer that’s a great way to let guests sample lots of different flavors and customize their bites. The easiest way to set yourself up for charcuterie board success is a hearty selection of meat and cheese favorites as your base. Our collection of charcuterie gift baskets come party-ready with all the essentials you’ll need to build the perfect platter that’s sure to please a crowd.
The The Classic Bites & Board Gift Set offers bold and savory signature flavors with both summer sausage and salami, three cheeses, and our famous Sweet Hot Mustard. It even comes with a reusable cheese board and cleaver for serving. Party snacks have never been easier!
For a board that boasts both sweet and savory flavors, start with the Premium Charcuterie & Chocolate Gift Box. It features Signature Beef and Sweet & Smoky Turkey Summer Sausages, Original Dry Salami, Smooth & Sharp Cheddar Blend, Smoked Gouda Blend, Champagne Dill Mustard, Hot Pepper Bacon Jam, Cranberry & Sesame Nut Mix, Cranberry Pistachio Crisps, plus decadent Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Meltaways and Dark Chocolate Sea Salt Caramels.
Create Your Charcuterie Board
Creating the perfect meat and cheese platter is simple. Start with a few different varieties of cheese, sausage, or salami. Hickory Farms has a great selection of flavors to choose from to please every palate, whether in a gift basket, or pantry essentials to mix and match all your favorite flavors.
Choose a mix of beef summer sausage, turkey summer sausage, dry salami, and a few signature cheeses to make the base of your board. Add extra flavor with savory condiments, gourmet mustards, and fresh herbs. Then, add freshness and color with olives, sliced vegetables, and fruit. And—don’t forget crackers and crisps to provide the perfect base for every bite!
Tips for Easy & Delicious Serving
Charcuterie is one of the best appetizers for a party because there’s no wrong way to do it! But here are a few tips to take the guesswork out of preparing your meat and cheese board
- Serve on a large platter or cheese board so you have plenty of room. A larger wooden cutting board works great, too!
- Slice your meats and cheeses before serving for instant appeal and easy snacking for your guests.
- Try slicing your sausage and salamis on a bias for a beautiful presentation.
- A variety of cheese shapes will add interest to your board. Play around with cubes, wedges, and slices.
- Need to feed a crowd? Our 26 oz Signature Beef Summer Sausage feeds 13 people!
- Squeeze or spoon your condiments into small bowls to make them easier to top meat and cheese bites.
- Add fresh fruit like sliced apples or pears for more texture, and to bring the flavors of the meat and cheese to the next level.
Find even more entertaining essentials and meat & cheese favorites for your appetizer board at hickoryfarms.com!