Hickory Farms Is Poised for a Strong 2013 Holiday Season
Company Takes Bold Steps To Capitalize On Positive Retail Sales Indicators
Toledo, Ohio - December 18, 2013 - Hickory Farms, Inc., the specialty food and holiday gift retailer based in Toledo, Ohio, has
announced a number of steps the company is taking to enhance customer experience and support demand this holiday season
including new retail stores, the introduction of an artisanal gift collection, and a marketing campaign, Share the Tradition, which
pays homage to the millions of families who enjoy Hickory Farms each year with their family and friends.
With early indicators suggesting 2013 will see the first increase in the number of gifts families expect to give since 2007*, the
company has added 14 new Holiday Market stores in new markets, select military bases, and at Ronald Reagan Washington National
“We know our customers have less and less time to get everything done,” said Hickory Farms CEO, Mark S. Rodriguez. “Increasing
our retail footprint, making it easier for them to shop, and continuously investing in quality improvements are all steps we’ve taken
to better serve our customers.”
Additionally, Hickory Farms is introducing the following new products and updates:
- Hickory Farms Reserve: A new collection of artisanal food products featuring premium Dry Aged Salami and eight all-natural cheeses handcrafted by gold medal award-winning cheese masters.
- Redesigned Retail Shopping Experience: All Holiday Market stores have been re-organized to provide an easier and faster, shopping experience.
- Website: The new HickoryFarms.com site was launched in October and has faster page load times, is easier to navigate, and has improved search and checkout functions. Fans can shop on-the-go with the site’s mobile and tablet-friendly design.
- Sweepstakes: Running through Christmas Eve, fans can play Hickory Farms’ Holiday Hunt Sweepstakes for a chance to win one of six daily instant prizes and be entered to win a $2,500 Visa® Gift Card. Consumers can visit the Hickory Farms
Facebook page daily to find the clue for that day’s instant prize, which they will find on HickoryFarms.com.
- Giving Back: Since 2008, Hickory Farms has been a proud partner of Share Our Strength’s No Kid Hungry®
campaign. This year, the company hopes to cross the $3,000,000 mark for total donations. For every Party Planner Gift Box sold, Hickory Farms will make a $5.00 donation through December 24**. Customers can also make additional donations at checkout.
About Hickory Farms
Hickory Farms, Inc ® is a leading provider of specialty foods and holiday food gifts. Since 1951, North American families have chosen Hickory Farms' savory sausages, cheeses and other gourmet foods for their loved ones each holiday season. The company's award-winning signature products and eco-friendly gift boxes can be found online, in catalogs, at leading supermarkets year round and in shopping malls throughout the Christmas holiday season. For more information, please visit www.hickoryfarms.com.
Amy Alpert – Hickory Farms