MANAGER, HUMAN RESOURCES
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Hickory Farms is a mission and values driven enterprise and is one of North America's leading specialty food and gift purveyors. The Company was founded in 1951 in the pastoral farm country of Northwest Ohio. Hickory Farms products are a hallmark gift for those who appreciate rich and savory foods. Based in Toledo, Hickory Farms brings the best of Midwest values to consumers in North America and the U.S. Armed Forces all over the world. Hickory Farms longstanding commitment to personalized service and the legendary quality of its products have kept the company popular on gift lists year after year. Customers can find Hickory Farms' savory sausages, favorite cheeses and other gourmet goods online, in catalogs, in leading mass merchants, supermarkets and approximately 750 retail shopping centers throughout the holiday season.
- Provide the highest quality products and customer experience.
- Increase brand value by enriching family holiday traditions.
- Promote giving, sustainability and community service.
- Be the best premium specialty food company in North America.
QUALITY AND CUSTOMER SATISFACTION
Hickory Farms believes customer satisfaction and quality are key value drivers which have enabled it to earn EBITDA margins well ahead of the industry. In 2010 its reformulated Signature Summer Sausage earned the Gold Medal from The American Masters of Taste for product Superiority. And in 2012, Foresee Results consumer satisfaction index was 89 for Hickory Farms stores; one of the highest retail performances ever achieved.
In support of the Company’s objectives, this position supports the Operating Committee (OC) through guiding and managing the overall provision of Human Resources services, policies and programs of the Company. This position will assist in the establishment and monitoring of a framework to ensure the Company is a preferred place of employment. In addition, the successful candidate will lead all the administration requirements and compliance functions associated with personnel management.
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer & CFO
Internal Relationships: OC Members and Full-time associates
External Relationships: 3rd party vendors associated with compensation, benefits, retirement and recruitment
Recruiting Activities / Expectations
- Direct, guide and lead the recruitment for all full-time candidates.
- Manage a complete, timely and thorough onboarding process for all associates.
Associate Development Activities
- Monitor organizational structure and job descriptions to ensure alignment with mission and financial expectation.
- Develop, maintain and monitor annual associate review process.
- Provide training and development support to all associates.
- Process payroll (including salary adjustments and special payments).
- Manage 401k plan reporting and compliance activities.
- Process all regulatory filing associated with Human Resources.
- Support Accounting Department with managing and forecasting all associate related costs.
- Manage annual health and welfare benefit selection and enrollment process.
- Establish meaningful relationships with OC members and 3rd party labor vendors.
- Provide support to entire staff on all Human Resources matters. (i.e., hiring, discipline, handbook compliance, etc.)
REQUIRED EDUCATION & SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field.
- 2 – 4 years working for an organization in the Human Resources field.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with payroll processing, benefit management and recruiting processes.
- Technological skills – advanced user of Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Windows XP and Internet.
Resumes may be faxed or e-mailed (as Microsoft Word or PDF attachment)
Hickory Farms, Inc.
Human Resource Dept.