POSITION- General Accountant
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Hickory Farms, Inc. is a mission and values driven enterprise and is one of North America’s leading specialty food and gift purveyors. The Company was founded in 1951 in the pastoral farm country of Northwest Ohio. Hickory Farms products are a hallmark gift for those who appreciate rich and savory foods. Based in Toledo, Hickory Farms brings the best of Midwest values to consumers in North America and the U.S. Armed Forces all over the world. Customers can find Hickory Farms’ savory sausages, favorite cheeses and other gourmet foods online, in catalogs, in leading mass merchants, supermarkets and approximately 750 retail shopping centers throughout the holiday season.
- Provide the highest quality products and customer experience.
- Increase brand value by enriching family holiday traditions.
- Promote giving, sustainability and community service.
- Be the best premium specialty food company in North America.
QUALITY AND CUSTOMER SATISFACTION
Hickory Farms believes customer satisfaction and quality are key value drivers which have enabled it to earn EBITDA margins well ahead of the industry. In 2011 its reformulated Signature Summer Sausage earned the Gold Medal from The American Masters of Taste for product Superiority. In 2013, Hickory Farms’ Holiday Market locations received a consumer satisfaction index of 89 from Foresee Results, putting the Company at the Vanguard of the nation’s leading retailers.
In support of the Company’s objectives and under the direct supervision of the Accounting Manager, this individual will be highly involved with the month end close process including: monthly journal entry processing, the completion and organization of balance sheet reconciliations, and the timely preparation of accurate financial statements. The individual will also organize and conduct information reviews with all department heads and be expected to continually monitor established processes and procedures within the finance department.
Reports to Manager, Accounting
Internal: Finance department; all sales, marketing and supply chain department heads.
- Working alongside the Accounting Manager, run the month end close process and report distribution including:
- Responsible for the review, integrity and completion of all general ledger transactions.
- Review and adjustment of all accrual and prepaid accounts.
- Monthly balance sheet work paper creation and consolidation.
- Bank reconciliation review and/or completion.
- Shares responsibility for the timely completion of all monthly financial statements.
- Assists in the completion of all financial and bank audits.
- Preparation of various standard and ad hoc reporting for divisional operators to assist in financial analysis.
- Actively participates on cross-functional teams towards completion of special projects.
- Assists other finance department functional areas as necessary.
- 1-3 years relevant, sufficient experience in a corporate or public accounting environment.
- BS/BA in accounting, finance or related field.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Windows Operating Environment.
CRITICAL COMPETENCIES FOR SUCCESS
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize and manage tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Highly motivated, exceptional work ethic and energetic team player.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse and tobacco testing.
Resumes may be faxed or e-mailed (as Microsoft Word or PDF attachment)
Hickory Farms, Inc.
Human Resource Dept.