POSITION – DIRECTOR, ENTERPRISE SOFTWARE APPLICATIONS
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Hickory Farms, Inc. is a mission and values driven enterprise and is one of North America’s leading specialty food and gift purveyors. The Company was founded in 1951 in the pastoral farm country of Northwest Ohio. Hickory Farms products are a hallmark gift for those who appreciate rich and savory foods. Based in Toledo, OH Hickory Farms brings the best of Midwest values to consumers in North America and the U.S. Armed Forces all over the world. Customers can find Hickory Farms’ savory sausages, favorite cheeses and other gourmet foods online, in catalogs, in leading mass merchants, supermarkets and approximately 750 retail shopping centers throughout the holiday season.
- Provide the highest quality products and customer experience.
- Increase brand value by enriching family holiday traditions.
- Promote giving, sustainability and community service.
- Be the best premium specialty food company in North America.
QUALITY AND CUSTOMER SATISFACTION
Hickory Farms believes customer satisfaction and quality are key value drivers which have enabled it to earn EBITDA margins well ahead of the industry. In 2011 its reformulated Signature Summer Sausage earned the Gold Medal from The American Masters of Taste for product Superiority. In 2014, Hickory Farms’ Holiday Market locations received a consumer satisfaction index of 90 from Foresee Results, putting the Company at the Vanguard of the nation’s leading retailers.
The Director, Enterprise Software Applications role will oversee the IT organization on a consolidated basis and the streamlined operation of the IT Department. This position will be responsible for the overall planning, organizing, and execution of all IT functions. The Director, Enterprise Software Applications will have oversight of IT in our Toledo location, while coordinating with our other company locations. Additionally, the ability to prioritize while working on multiple projects within the same time frame will be paramount.
Reports to: COO / CFO
Internal Relationships: OC Members and Full-time associates
External Relationships: 3rd party vendors
- This position manages all associates and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the associates within of the IT department.
- Analyzes complex business needs presented by the user community and/or clients and recommends technical solutions.
- Participates on all hardware and software evaluations and maintains vendor contracts.
- Represents the IT function at organizational meetings when appropriate.
- Directs education programs for her/his direct reports.
- Perform liaison duties between users, operations, and programming personnel in the areas of systems design, modifications or trouble shooting.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field.
- A minimum of 7-10 years of experience within an IT Division.
- Ability to manage cross functional IT platforms.
- Team leadership required to obtain maximum effectiveness from direct and indirect groups.
- Resolve differences in ideas and requirements of functional groups through effective negotiation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills to executive staff.
- Experience with e-commerce, retail, and CRM tools a plus.
- Functional expertise in application software management, a plus.
CRITICAL COMPETENCIES FOR SUCCESS
Focus on growth and results-oriented. The successful candidate has demonstrated personal accountability for delivering stability to an organization while building efficient, “best-of-class” support teams. They will possess a “pioneer” mentality and are willing to wear multiple hats to get results.
Outstanding communications skills. The successful candidate will interact with both frequent and focused dialogue with all members of the senior leadership team; enjoy strong negotiating skills; and be open and candid with peers, subordinates and partners.
A high-energy, team-oriented leader. The successful candidate will have a passion for leading a highly professional team and will instill a strong sense of team spirit with peers and subordinates. This person will lead by example and instill confidence in his/ her staff. We aspire to find an executive with a “fire in the belly” who enjoys rolling up his/ her sleeves, leading from the frontlines, while working in a team-centric environment.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse and tobacco testing.
Interested candidates please submit cover letter with salary requirements to:
Resumes may be faxed or e-mailed (as Microsoft Word or PDF attachment)
Hickory Farms, Inc.
Human Resource Dept.