MANAGER, BRAND MARKETING
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Hickory Farms is a mission and values driven enterprise and is one of North America's leading specialty food and gift purveyors. The Company was founded in 1951 in the pastoral farm country of Northwest Ohio. Hickory Farms products are a hallmark gift for those who appreciate rich and savory foods. Based in Toledo, Hickory Farms brings the best of Midwest values to consumers in North America and the U.S. Armed Forces all over the world. Hickory Farms longstanding commitment to personalized service and the legendary quality of its products have kept the company popular on gift lists year after year. Customers can find Hickory Farms' savory sausages, favorite cheeses and other gourmet goods online, in catalogs, in leading mass merchants, supermarkets and approximately 750 retail shopping centers throughout the holiday season.
- Provide the highest quality products and customer experience.
- Increase brand value by enriching family holiday traditions.
- Promote giving, sustainability and community service.
- Be the best premium specialty food company in North America.
QUALITY AND CUSTOMER SATISFACTION
Hickory Farms believes customer satisfaction and quality are key value drivers which have enabled it to earn EBITDA margins well ahead of the industry. In 2010 its reformulated Signature Summer Sausage earned the Gold Medal from The American Masters of Taste for product Superiority. And in 2012, Foresee Results consumer satisfaction index was 89 for Hickory Farms stores; one of the highest retail performances ever achieved.
Formulates and implements compelling marketing plans. Relies on experience and judgment to accomplish goals. As an effective communicator, this brand champion will have a proven track record of leading internal and external teams to deliver stellar performance.
Reports to: Vice President, Brand Marketing
External Relationships: Marketing Agencies, Suppliers
Internal Relationships: Support Services, Customer Contact Center, Grocery Products Division, and Retail Division Personnel
- Develops cross-channel product, pricing, merchandising and messaging plans to continually improve shopper experiences.
- Guides and directs external agencies to develop plans to achieve budget.
- Manage SKU-level forecast for assigned channels for input across company information systems.
- Lead product development process for assigned categories.
- Travel approximately 15% of the time to visit agencies, stores and vendors.
- A proven problem solver; highly analytical, exceptional understanding of Excel and proficiency with PowerPoint.
- Success juggling multiple projects while honoring budgets and timelines.
- At least 7 years experience of Brand Marketing to consumers and/or trade audiences. Premium brand experience a plus.
- BA or BS from accredited college or university, advanced degree preferred (MBA).
CRITICAL COMPETENCIES FOR SUCCESS
Results-oriented. The successful candidate has demonstrated personal accountability and possesses a "pioneer" mentality and is willing to wear multiple hats to get results.
Outstanding communications skills. The successful candidate will effectively communicate across all interactions, whether spoken or written.
A high-energy, team-oriented leader. This key contributor demonstrates the ability to work as part of a team as well as a leader of cross-functional teams to achieve desired and meaningful outcomes while maintaining a high degree of integrity and honesty to support a values-driven culture.
Resumes may be faxed or e-mailed (as Microsoft Word or PDF attachment)
Hickory Farms, Inc.
Human Resource Dept.