POSITION- Logistics Intern
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Hickory Farms, Inc. is a mission and values driven enterprise and is one of North America’s leading specialty food and gift purveyors. The Company was founded in 1951 in the pastoral farm country of Northwest Ohio. Hickory Farms products are a hallmark gift for those who appreciate rich and savory foods. Based in Toledo, Hickory Farms brings the best of Midwest values to consumers in North America and the U.S. Armed Forces all over the world. Customers can find Hickory Farms’ savory sausages, favorite cheeses and other gourmet foods online, in catalogs, in leading mass merchants, supermarkets and approximately 750 retail shopping centers throughout the holiday season.
- Provide the highest quality products and customer experience.
- Increase brand value by enriching family holiday traditions.
- Promote giving, sustainability and community service.
- Be the best premium specialty food company in North America.
QUALITY AND CUSTOMER SATISFACTION
Hickory Farms believes customer satisfaction and quality are key value drivers which have enabled it to earn EBITDA margins well ahead of the industry. In 2011 its reformulated Signature Summer Sausage earned the Gold Medal from The American Masters of Taste for product Superiority. In 2013, Hickory Farms’ Holiday Market locations received a consumer satisfaction index of 89 from Foresee Results, putting the Company at the Vanguard of the nation’s leading retailers.
In support of the Company’s objectives, this position supports the Manager, Logistics in the Supply Chain Division. This individual is charged with providing tactical support to meet quality standards for services and evaluation of customer satisfaction, in order to assist the organization to deliver a stellar performance. This individual will utilize EDI and transportation management software systems to help gain efficiencies and a greater customer experience.
Reports to: Manager, Logistics
Key Relationships: Coordinator, Logistics
- Provides direct support to Transportation and Logistics Coordinator.
- Enters, tracks and traces orders to ensure that materials and supplies are shipped and delivered in timely manner.
- Assists Supply Chain team in sourcing, cost reduction, and strategy development activities.
- Maintains records and follow-up files of shipments, returns of damaged items, and related matters.
- Tracks and analyzes data related to the Transportation Management System project and communicates findings to the Supply Chain team.
- Actively pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree in Supply Chain Management, Logistics, or Business. Minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Full time availability from July to December with willingness to work a flexible schedule.
- Overall understanding of purchasing/procurement/ supply chain concepts.
- Basic data analysis and statistical skills; highly proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Detail-oriented, analytical driven, self-motivated with strong initiative and problem solving skills.
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects.