Summer is here! So, you know what that means – hot weather, no school, days by the lake/pool and cookouts! Which means it’s also time to ditch the stove for the grill! Another alternative are meals you can make by hand, like this simple antipasto salad. It’s one of our favorite dishes to prepare during the summer because it’s the perfect blend of cured meats, briny olives, creamy cheese, and more.
The other great thing about this recipe is the dressing - a quick and simple combination of Cranberry Mustard, apple cider vinegar, and olive oil make for your new, go to recipe for dressings this season. The Cranberry Mustard is balanced with honey and apple, both which work so well with the tart cranberry. Plus, mustard is the perfect way to emulsify a salad dressing - it won’t separate, making it a smooth and creamy dressing in seconds!
For the salad:
- ½ head iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 1 cup Hickory Farms Smoked Cheddar Blend, cubed
- 1 cup Hickory Farms Reserve Dry Salami, cubed
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- ¼ cup sliced black olives
- ¼ cup sliced roasted red peppers
- ¼ cup pickled artichoke hearts
For the dressing:
- 2 tablespoons of Hickory Farms Cranberry Mustard
- 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place the shredded lettuce on the bottom of your platter and layer the rest of the ingredients on top.
- To make dressing: whisk together all the ingredients and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Chill salad and serve tossed with the dressing.